BAR Optimization and Lowest Acceptable Rate (BAR/LAR)
MaximRMS has expanded the dynamic pricing capabilities of e.FLEX to optimize the BAR Rates and, for hotels that allow negotiations, to set a Lowest Acceptable Rate floor.
As with other aspects of the RMS, the BAR/LAR recommendations include full review and override capabilities. For each date in the horizon, the BAR/LAR report shows:
- Unconstrained Roomnights and Occupancy %
- Rooms sold On-The-Books (OTB)
- Whether the date is a special event
- Optimal BAR rate by LOS, with overrides shown in Red
- Lowest Acceptable Rate (LAR) by LOS, when the hotel allows such negotiating room
Rather than relying on Front Desk or Call Center employees best efforts and best judgment, the BAR/LAR sets daily limits to the negotiations, reducing waste, encouraging strong selling skills, and increasing the overall profitability of the hotel.